basskisser

Default Not about boats.... *is* about newsreaders....

Harry Krause wrote in message ...
Doug Kanter wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 07:19:01 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

I've watched a friend try to use his
Outlook as a news reader. What a mess.

A mess in what way???

Indeed. Probably too complex for John, even though it is the simplest of
newsreaders to use. I don't like it because it is too "Microsofty," but
it isn't messy, and it does allow for multiple accounts, which Agent
doesn't.

Not true - Agent does allow for multiple accounts - you just have to
open a seperate data file. It's actually as easy as OE to do.

What exactly do you mean by "open a separate data file"? My goal is to have
multiple accounts with messages from all of them downloading into the same
inbox, while I don't have to touch the keyboard. Possible or not?

Well, Outlook does that...but that's not a feature of outlook I like. I
prefer the messages to dump into their own folders, but without my
intervention.

Harry, use your rules wizard, it works nicely!