Bob

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:44:36 -0300, Terry Spragg
wrote:

Lynn Coffelt wrote:

The obvious weak link in most masthead installations is in the PL-259 coax
connector installation. There are not many out there who can do a proper,
watertight soldering job up at the top of a wavering, windy masthead. Been
there, done that, was not always proud of my work.

Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ, PG-13-20604

Hay, chief, did ya ever think to push the wire down the mast using a
messenger to guide it, like the old wire being replaced, or a fish
line? that way, you leave the end with the on deck pre installed
connector on it at the top

except what happens when this thing sits in the wind, and rocks with
boat motion? the mechanical support for the cable/connector interface
isn't there. hell, these fail on CB installs all the time (no ham i've
never known ever used rg 58).

.

How long do hams spend sending? Rael hams use code, light duty
cycle,

rtty is light duty? it's 100% duty cycle at full power.

Mil RG58 is good enough for most, cheap, light.
Communications is our most valuable resource.

it'll work. but i wouldnt bet my life on it.

to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field