Backyard Renegade

Default Bayliner Bashing

JML wrote in message ...
Wow . . . I can't believe that a Bayliner discussion in this newsgroup
survived an entire day with sarcastic remarks from only two people. I think
this might be a new trend . . .

In regards to the Bayliner in my Marina "never being used". The fellow in my
Marina with the 18 year old Bayliner has a coastal map of New England in his
cabin. He's got it marked up with numerous "flags" from the tip of Maine
down to Rhode Island. OK, he has yet to take it down to Florida during the
winter months but how many people take their 20 something boats on long
cruises like that? He does have a "secret" to keeping his boat running well
for so long but he is also a competent mechanic with a real "working"
garage.

In regards to me being a boat dealer. . . Well that would be my dream job.
Maybe someday after I retire from what I am doing now . . . Hmm. . . I would
relocate to Florida and cruise the Bahamas all season long. Wait a sec! I'd
have no time to sell boats! Forget that, I'd rather boat all day long! Now I
think I'd hate to be a dealer. . .

At least half of the boats I saw on the lake the other day were
Bayliners. Filled with happy folks, tube pulling, fishing, etc. Before
some resident union hack bashes my location, I will note that we are
in the Essex, CT area, not bumfokk kansas. If you really pay attention
to the posts about these boats, you will find that most of the bashers
are those who can afford much more boat.. really gets to the old
problem where the "havs" are getting sick of the "have not's" being
able to access the same facilities. I just love hearing those with 30
footers or Hats bashing the poor young families who just want to enjoy
the water too!