thunder

Default Not about boats.... *is* about newsreaders....

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:44:55 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Ok, that maybe too strong and I don't mean to offend, but it is a
basic fact of human/software interaction - what my concept of a
particular problem is different than your concept.

Exactly, it's about choice. With Linux, I have the choice of several
different desktops, half a dozen window managers, perhaps a dozen
browsers, I could go on. The point is, one is far more likely to find a
better fit with open source, than Microsoft's one size fits all.

Again, agreed. But if any software is only usable to a certain group
of people, then its functionality is specific to that group and only
that group. At that point, it becomes "closed".

Lynix is close to become exactly that - just like every other "open"
source system since day one.

It may have been some time since you looked at Linux. Several of the
distributions produce a well functioned, easily installable, system, right
out of the box, *but* you can still tweak if you like. Look, we have all
used Microsoft products, as far as an interface goes, I would suggest *we*
have adapted to MS's way, rather than MS adapting to us. I'm just trying
to make the point, that if you find Microsoft restricting or inadequate,
there are other quality programs out there.