Andrew Butchart

Default That Funky Smell

For my last couple of projects I've been using polyester resin with good
success. Now I don't want to start the whole epoxy vs polyester vs
vinylester debate here and have a question about polyester.

On of my concerns is that I want to do the inside of the cabin of my next
project with the "generic" Polyester resin that I buy from my local auto
supply place but am worried about the styrenes that I can still smell in the
floatation chambers of other projects even a couple of years later. Is
there a way to treat the surface prior to painting to reduce/eliminate the
odour? After all, people have been using this stuff for years on production
boats.

--
Andrew Butchart