P.C. Ford

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:19:20 -0700, raoul wrote:

Another suggestion which I'm surprised Mr. Ford did not make since he
is an officer in his local chapter is to join the Antique and Classic
Boat Society (ACBS), especially if there is a local chapter. Join even
if you don't have a boat and, really, escpecially if you don't have a
boat. The people I have met who are members are a very friendly bunch
and may even have your perfect project boat out in their own barn!

This is a link to the PNW Chapter. There is plenty of info here and
links to other chapters around the country:

http://www.acbs-pnw.org/

Have to plead mea culpa here. It is certainly correct to say that the
best thing one could do in a situation like this is to join the ACBS.

I used to have a sigfile with the chapter's url in it. But I thought
imprudent to have the chapter associated with some of my rantings. (!)

Good luck to the original poster. Building a new boat is a neat thing
to do. I'm partial to traditional construction. I did work on a cold
molded runabout once. Pretty disgusting. Goo gets everywhere. And I do
mean everywhere. But maybe you are neater than I am.

Regards,
pcf