Roger Derby

I think Buehler mentions batten seam techniques in his "Backyard
Boatbuilding."

Epoxy is really rather benign from a safety standpoint. Latex gloves of
course and a dust mask for sanding, but once the hardener and resin are
mixed, the epoxy is really not that hazardous now.

Thirty years ago, things were different. I lost a good (non-smoking,
non-drinking) friend to a failed liver, but he practically bathed in the
epoxy he used in building his homebuilt aircraft. He also didn't believe in
ventilation for his shop.

Fiberglass itches for a while if you handle it carelessly, but not as much
as our local crops of ticks, spiders, and mosquitoes.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

wrote in message
oups.com...
PS: I forgot to ask. Are there any substitutes for epoxy glue when cold
molding. I mean glues which don't require an arsenal of safety
gear/equipment.

Lucas