johnhh

How about a Fujitsu tablet PC with a Otterbox waterproof case.
http://www.otterbox.com/products/pc_cases/index.htm

"Phil Stanton" wrote in message
Equally I have been hunting for a sunlight viewable screen. Apparently
what is wanted is a transflective LCD screen which uses sunlight to
brighten the image. Just using powerful backlights doesn't work because
a) they really can not compete with the sun for brilliance,
and b) they will use a lot of power.
Having found your screen, you need to be able to control the computer, so
a touch screen is the way to go. So here come the snags. Using a resistive
or capacitative touchscreen adds a piece of "glass" to the front of the
transflective screen. You loose about 15% of the sunlight going in, and a
further 15% of the light coming out ( almost 30% on a sunny day).
Apparently there are other touchscreen technologies such as Infra Red (IR)
which does not use a covering piece of glass, but there are questions here
whether the cursor follows the rain running down the screen.
Additional problems with regards to waterproofing. Apparently there is a
waterproof standard of IP65.
A number of manufacturers have it "just round the corner" but I'll believe
it when I see it. Prices quoted to me for a 12.1" screen vary between
£1200 to £2400.

"MDJ" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been looking for a PDA reflective type for some time now but
what we do have is a Solarism 15inch high brightness monitor. It is
mounted inside a cut down electric box which has a fan assisted durad
box on the rear to keep the display cool.

http://princessownersclub.fotopic.net/p595958.html

That is the actual view from the display on a bright cloudy day. Direct
sunlight is just about readable but the thing is that the display is
cheap and has multiple video inputs so we can use it with a bullet cctv
camera for reversing (going astern ;-).

Any websites I have seen with reflective displays usually don't display
price ie. if you need to ask then it's too expensive...

Hope this helps

Markdj
http://www.stronge.org.uk