ed wrote:
Chuck, awesome posting sounds like a great place to go for a vacation. So
Ladymith harbour is in Canada ? I wish we had places here to buy farm fresh
eggs, but seems to be a dying thing here. Even a drive in the country I
never see any signs anymore. Thanks for the enjoyable read.

Ed

Ladysmith is on the East Coast of Vancouver Island, near the north end
of the Gulf Island archipelago. (Gulf Islands are the northern part of
the geographic formation that continues south to form the San Juans in
Washington). Next town south is Chemainus, and next town north is the
second biggest city on Vacouver Island, Nanaimo. Very pleasant region
indeed. This entire area is easily accessible to boats of almost any
size, provided that people are willing to watch the weather and that
smaller boats are willing to take small craft advisories rather
seriously. It can often be blowing ridiculously out in the Strait of
Georgia while very acceptable conditions contintue to prevail west of
Gabriola, Galiano, etc.

Boaters leaving Puget Sound and taking the Swinomish Channel from
Skagit Bay have a fairly well protected run all the way to Nanaimo.
(Rosario Strait and the short hop from Stuart Island to South Pender or
so notwhithstanding). Shhhh! It's a NW secret. :-)