DownTime

Default Grady White Quality

"L. Sikorski" wrote in message
om...
After looking at several new Grady-White boats, I noticed they do not
have welded bow rails. Instead, they have allen screws. I thought
all top-quality boats only used welded bow rails?

I also saw plastic thru-hulls on several new Pursuit boats.

After attending a few recent boat shows, it is my opinion that many boat
builders are lowering the quality of certain components. To put in the best
of the best for each ittem, the cost would be such that many people would be
priced out of the market for the size of boat they are looking for.

This is not to say all builders are cutting costs by using lesser grade
components, but depending on how closely you look, you could always find
something that could be done better.

Remember, there is no perfect boat, just the one that best suits your needs
this time. That is why most all boaters are always looking to sell, trade,
upgrade and/or modify 'something'.