Terry Spragg

Schöön Martin wrote:
"Roger Derby" writes:

It's an authentic replica, not an authentic Viking boat.

Given that the Viking era was 1000+ years ago it has to be
a replica and being built the way it is it's hardly authentic.

I suspect it would be close to an authentic replica with the caveat
that the planks are not natural, bur are each laminated from a
passel of sticks, as opposed to more modern methods which would
essentially mulch the sticks to a powder and then use the sawdust as
filler for a plastic moulded boat, using authentic, genuine
polyester or epoxy.

I also imagine that unlike a real Viking boat, this one has at least
a legal head, and a cooler to keep the rats* fresh, as opposed to
earlier practices of keeping pigs and turtles aboard alive for food.

Makes you wonder how much they pay special effects guys, and how
well this one husbanded his fortune.

Well done, I say.

It is a sad commentary that our more prominent icons, for example in
hockey, seem to go broke and all whiney two weeks after their
multimillion contracts are retired.

Oh Lord, I want my movie night in Canada back, with real genuine
special effects, not that phoney violence them puckers act out.

Terry K

*rats: contraction : rations.