Larry

Red CloudŽ wrote in
:

That's not enough to overcome the problem. You need a display with a
very high "NIT" number if you want to see it in daylight. That
involves a high price. A hood won't come close to solving the issue.
The average laptop screen appears completely blank in sunlight.

rusty

What's needed is a laptop display that's REFLECTIVE, like the LCD displays
on your sailing instruments, wrist watch, PDA....instead of the
TRANSMISSIVE backlit display they come with so you can see 'em in the dark.

I'm looking at a large LCD thermometer display I took out into the
sunshine, today, to see how high it would read. The bank clock was reading
102F when I came by it!

--
Larry