dh@.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 04:44:34 GMT, Don W wrote:

Actually, that particular motor is a classic V4 and was built
pretty much the same for quite a long time.

Just make sure that the manual you buy specifically covers the
Evinrude/Johnson 115HP from 1979. Usually, the manuals are for
outboards from a range of years. Check inside the manual to make
sure that it covers disassembly and re-assembly of the power head,
but most of them do. The manuals that I use are "Clymer" manuals,
and most boat stores will have them in the parts dept.

Have you considered having an outboard mechanic put it back
together for you?

That was the original idea, because I knew one who was out
of work. He needed money and I needed the job done. I helped
him out by giving him some money, he got the thing apart and I
lost faith in him being able to get it back together right. I can't
afford to have a shop do it, but know someone who I believe
can do the job, and if he can't I believe he'll let me know it.

Its pretty easy once you've done it a
few times, but 2-stroke outboards have some distinct differences
from automotive engines.

Good luck,

Don W.

Any cautions or advice that you'd be willing to share, I
would be grateful to learn about.