raoul

I was waiting for the subject to come around again to post this link..

Pat Ford and others were giving hints as to how to go about choosing
and restoring an older runabout. I advocated, as well as considering
restoration, to consider building from scratch.

This is a link for a couple of guys in the Nederlands who are building
a pair of Glen-L Riverias from scratch. They have an advantage others
perhaps do not because they are furniture builders and have access to
CNC machines to cut the frames and parts. However, the photos are very
instructive as to the process. (BTW: Glen-L sells a frame kit with all
frames cut and jig-assembled to gain the accuracy the Dutch guys get
with their machines.)

http://www.veltens.nl/home.htm

Another suggestion which I'm surprised Mr. Ford did not make since he
is an officer in his local chapter is to join the Antique and Classic
Boat Society (ACBS), especially if there is a local chapter. Join even
if you don't have a boat and, really, escpecially if you don't have a
boat. The people I have met who are members are a very friendly bunch
and may even have your perfect project boat out in their own barn!

This is a link to the PNW Chapter. There is plenty of info here and
links to other chapters around the country:

http://www.acbs-pnw.org/

HTH

Jeff

In article , Don Dando
wrote:

To the original poster: If you decide not to restore this boat, I'm looking
for a Rivera to restore.

Don Dando , Please reply to:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jack wrote:

My wife has this crazy idea that she wants me to restore an old Chris

Craft
Riviera.

Estimate the amount of time and money required to do the restoration,
then multiply by 10.

If that doesn't stop you, maybe a frontal labotomy willG.

Seriously, if you have any limits on the amount of time and money
required, don't start.

Lew