Kees Verruijt

I have just seen a range of low-loss thin ad flexible 50 ohm coax -
aircell 7, ecoflex 10, ecoflex 15. If its as good as it claims to be,
i would be great for use on boats for both HF and VHF. Has anyone used
it?

Yup, great stuff. Not as flexible and thin as RG-58, but a lot more than
RG-213 (?).

I run a combination GSM/VHF/FM antenna at 20m high, 30m cable. The range
and clarity on VHF improved a lot when I swapped from my old antenna +
RG-58 cable. At sea, range is about 60 +- 20 km. Cell phone range (900
MHz) is about 60% more than using a hand-held cell phone (eg. about
10-15 km). This means that during coastal hops we're now in (GSM)
coverage all the time.

Tip: if you sail around on the North Sea, check out cell phone coverage
near Norwegian oil rigs; they seem to have Telenor transmitters ;-)

Regards,
Kees