Doug Kanter

Default Not about boats.... *is* about newsreaders....

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

What exactly do you mean by "open a separate data file"? My goal is

have
multiple accounts with messages from all of them downloading into the

same
inbox, while I don't have to touch the keyboard. Possible or not?

Well, Outlook does that...but that's not a feature of outlook I like. I
prefer the messages to dump into their own folders, but without my
intervention.

That's a piece of cake with Outlook or OE, Harry. You make a few simple
message rules which tell the program to move messages arriving for X

account
into such-and-such a folder.

Unfortunately, I have a more than passing familiarity with Outlook,
since most of my clients use it. I prefer Mozilla to Outlook Express
because Mozilla is featureful and allows a high degree of customization.

I use the Mozilla browser, but only under duress. :-) The tabbed browsing
feature is terrific, as is the ability to annotate bookmarks. But, the
bookmark search feature is an atrocity. Open sauce programming at its worst.
And, "sauce" is not a typo. Open the sauce, get into the groove (i.e.:
drunk), write some bad code, and hide behind a nifty nickname so nobody
knows who you really are.

Really, we don't have any GREAT choices. Some marginally acceptable ones,
but nothing great.