Rex Sanders

Cats will punch through waves that stop rafts. Usually not a problem,
unless you want the wave to stop you before you hit the wall.

-- Rex, speaking from personal experience

megsdad wrote:
Well, I have a 16 ft cat, and I do the same things in it as I do in my
raft. It tends to track well enough that sometimes I just point and
push. But, I still back ferry if that seems the most prudent way down
the run.

nielsdt wrote:
I've had substantial experience with a raft set up for rowing, but have not
operated a cataraft. Next week we will be adding a 13-foot cataraft to our
fleet on a trip down the Rogue. I've been told you don't backferry as you
do with a raft. I'd appreciate some advice about technique for a cataraft.