Larry

GK User wrote in
:

PS With the advent of the internet and new technologies, that
require more bandwidth, I feel anything we can do to increase the
ranks of Amateur Radio operators is a good thing and if that means
sacrificing the code to save the hobby then I'm all for that. What we
must not give up is education into the rules and operating procedures
as well as basic theory and operation. We still need "educated"
professional operators.

Ham radio will be lucky if it survives to 2010. Go to any hamfest and
figure out the average age of the attendees is around 60, the few ham kids
included. Most kids can't figure out why they'd ever want a ham radio when
they can simply boot their computers, now with broadband, and talk to their
friends in Hong Kong without some old coot bitching at them that they are
on his private frequency he's been on since 1948 with his other old coot
friends. The old coots are killing ham radio. They hate kids on the air.

Naw...Not only has the code outlived itself by 30 years....so hasn't ham
radio.

73 DE W4CSC
old coot since 1957

NNNN