Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:59:27 -0400, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

But I have reason
to believe that there may be a number of homes running wireless broadband in
an unencrypted mode anywhere I might throw out the hook. Certainly, I and
all of my neighbors' installations are that way.

Not being judgemental here in any way, just relaying information.

In St Petersburg they recently arrested a guy and charged him with a
felony for unauthorized access to a home wireless system. Not for
kiddie porn, hacking, or any other evil use of the system, just
accessing it.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/