Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Not about boats.... *is* about newsreaders....

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 07:35:05 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 07:19:01 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

I've watched a friend try to use his
Outlook as a news reader. What a mess.

A mess in what way???

Indeed. Probably too complex for John, even though it is the simplest of
newsreaders to use. I don't like it because it is too "Microsofty," but
it isn't messy, and it does allow for multiple accounts, which Agent
doesn't.

Not true - Agent does allow for multiple accounts - you just have to
open a seperate data file. It's actually as easy as OE to do.

It is possible, but it isn't easy, and it requires setting up scripts,
and invoking them externally, and it is a pain in the butt. It is not as
easy to do as it is with newsreaders programmed to accommodate multiple
accounts.

No scripts - you just copy the data file to a different folder and
change the access data.

I found that my main ISP, Earthlink, doesn't keep binaries long, so I
use Giganews for my photography and fishing pictures, Easynews has
decent access to different newsgroups like this, so that's a different
folder. Earthlink is a different folder, but I don't use that one
much at all - it's a slow server and the throughput is extremely
limited.

Simple and easy.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)