jake

What model garmin do you have.
Jake in NJ

Dennis Pogson wrote:
jake wrote:

Need some info, I have a garmin 176c gps/plotter and tried to
interface it with a navico Ph 8000 L auto pilot. The auto pilot
wants mena 1.5 but the gps will only output nema 2.0. The owners
manual on the gps said that it outputs 1.5 or 2.0 nema but there is
no menu to select 1.5. I even went into advance setup and tried to
dumb down the output. Still no good. The auto pilot still saids no
nema signal. Does anyone have any ideas. Jake in NJ

On my own Garmin you place the cursor on NMEA 2.0 and hit the enter key
which enables you to select other NMEA protocols.