John Proctor

On 2005-08-15 12:27:06 +1000, Jere Lull said:

In article ,
Geoff Schultz wrote:

And yes, I would trust Windows...

As one that programs rather sophisticated applications under Windows, I
don't. What I have to do at work is primarily why I have a Mac at home:
UNIX stability with a wonderful interface is such a lovely experience.

My wife had laser eye surgery to correct a severe myopia problem. I
believe she would have been legally blind without her 'coke bottle
bottom' lenses. Anyway, she now does not need glasses period now after
the procedure. First time since she was 9 years old and she is now 59
that she has not needed glasses!

The scanning of the eye surface, control of the laser beam and tracking
applications all run under guess what? WINDOWS. Purpose built systems
can achieve greater reliability than general purpose systems. And BTW
they are not connected to the internet ;-)

I too worked in the IT industry for 30+ years. OS development and
software development tools as well as hardware in the early years. A
mac user but windows is not as bad as many zealots portray it. Just too
damn complex and obfuscated when compared to the Mac;-)

--
Regards,
John Proctor VK3JP, VKV6789