Mr Wizzard

"Stanley Barthfarkle" wrote in message

Need to remove that plug after every trip to drain any water left in the
bilge. Leave it out if left outside, even if covered, since if you have a
leak in your cover, or if it collapses, it will be able to drain. Letting
even a little water sit in the bilge for days at a time will create big
problems down the road.

Well, for almost a month now, there hasn't
been one single drop of water down there,
so that is why I've been leaving the plug in.
I cover it each night, so it just doesn't get
any water down there. But yeah, I'm just
going to have to make that part of my
routine, thats all. So they make some
sort of automatic plug? I can't believe
that with all the modern advancements,
that a $15-$30K boat gets down to
remembering to screw in a 25 cent plug.

Pre-launch, make it a habit to install the plug when you remove the rear
tiedowns. Remove the plug when you fasten the tiedowns after loading the
boat onto the trailer.

yeah, its a routine that I'm going to have
to get used to. Gosh, something so
important is just "so" manual. sheese.

thanks