John H

Default Not about boats.... *is* about newsreaders....

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:57:39 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:43:12 -0500, John H
wrote:

Great! And I hear that one good key will work in any downloaded
version! Yippee......

Yep, they don't ask for more money until they do something
significant.... in terms of enhancements. Bug fixes are free and
beta testers aren't regular purchasers, unlike Micro$oft.

I may try downloading and installing 1.93, just to see what
improvements exist, but I'll keep the 1.91.exe around just in case I
don't like it.

I used to use LView (a picture editor) and made the mistake of
downloading a newer version. It stunk. Luckily I had put the
downloaded 'exe' on a floppy. Now I use Irfanview (also free), a great
picture editor/viewer.

I start with Free Agent when there wasn't a version to buy. I paid the
bucks for the 1.91, and love it. I've watched a friend try to use his
Outlook as a news reader. What a mess.

Thanks for the info about the updates. I appreciate it and will give
1.93 a shot.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!