Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 12 Aug 2005 23:01:52 -0700, wrote:

~~ snip ~~

Nanaimo was a reprovisioning stop on our 2005 itinerary, so we were
moored at the Port of Nanaimo docks just a short walk from the grocery
store. We caught the last foot ferry back to town, very pleased with
the afternoon's adventure and determined to spend additional days in
years to come enjoying the rich scenery and contemplating the
interesting history of Newcastle Island.

Great write up as usual.

By the way, I received the copy of July/August of "Nor'westing" and
enjoyed every page. Please pass along my compliments to Catherine
Dook for a very funny, and quite nostalgic to me anyway, story in
"Dock of the Bay".

Later,

Tom

Isn't she great?

We put into Cowichan Bay one year, tracked down her boat (wasn't hard,
small place and everybody knew her) and rapped on the gunwale of her
liveaboard sailboat completely unnanounced. It was raining to beat
Cain, and she invited us in for hot coffee. I can tell you for a fact
she talks just exactly like she writes and is non-stop funny. All the
people she writes about in her column each month actually exist! The
legally blind guy who still skippers his boat, etc etc etc.