tcoop

Default marine carpet

What is the main difference between marine grade carpet and indoor/outdoor
carpet? I have a pontoon and wondering why I couldn't use outdoor carpet. I
can seem to find more colors in the outdoor carpet than I can in marine
grade. Anyone have any tips for laying down the carpet no matter which type
I use?
I was thinking about using a couple coats of a water sealer such as
Thompsons, and then apply the carpet over that. Is the best carpet the kind
with a rubber on the back or a webbing type back and should I glue the
entire piece down or just in areas?
Thanks for the advice,
Tom