Old Boat Goat wrote:
Hey Chuck, glad to hear you were around the area. Nanaimo is my base
port, and my home, although I usually stay away from the harbour during the
summer months and sail out of Ladysmith, fifteen miles or so South. Less
traffic, less idioitos.
This year my boat (1955 35' wood sailboat) is out of the water
undergoing major restoration, sharing a shop with a 1925 40' tugboat, also
being restored.
Enjoy your B.C. cruising. I've lived and worked on water here all my
life and I still love every day of it.

Don

We were in Ladysmith as well.

I'll post an account of our experiences in Ladysmith Harbour soon. We
found the govt. floats pretty crowded this year as there were more
fishing boats in port than in some previous summers, so we moored over
at Page Point Inn. As you undoubtedly know, the restaurant there is
something special. :-)

Right now our boat is laying over in Comox until I get the next issue
of the magazine put together, then we'll travel back north VIA Clipper
and the Malahat and make the return leg of our vacation cruise.