Niels Kamphuis

I had the same problem on my ST50 tridata during my holiday last week.
I opened the device and noticed it was very wet inside.
Just clean the PCB, put it together and try again.

Niels

"Steve Thomas" schreef in bericht
.. .

"G P Berry" wrote in message

"Alec" wrote in message
No, underside has been checked.

I was thinking of electrical failures which have been seen before.

Alec

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message

"Alec" wrote in message
I have an autohelm tridata log and depthsounder.

The depth function is intermittent.

I have changed the transducer which seemed to fix the problem for a

time
but
it has reoccurred.

Any ideas?

Alec

Algae, barnacles or other stuff growing on face of transducer?
Old Chief Lynn

I had same problem, in my case it turned out to be the instrument.

Same here, but with a ST40 Bi data instrument.
Ramarine support suggested I re-configure it, which I tried, but to no
avail..
Eventually it did not work with either the speed or the depth transducer.
The transducers work fine if I substitute a different instrument.
By the time I got another instrument to test the transducers with, the
original was just out of warranty.
It works fine as a Seatalk repeater.