Lew Hodgett

Gene Kearns wrote:

Hmmmmm...... well, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump on the "good for ham
radio" bandwagon. Maybe it will eventually interest some more
qualified people.... that would be good, I think. If anybody wishes to
make the.... argument that the test is too *hard,* well, I just went
deaf. However, I *am* willing to listen to those people that aren't
wishing to make things easier (because it's just too hard), but want
the test to be more about what they intend to *do* with Amateur Radio.

A couple of questions.

My only interest in HAM radio is to be able to get necessary weather
forecasts and communicate with other sailors who happen to be in my net
at the moment, when I'm at sea or in an anchorage.

I choose not to want to open up the box and play with what's inside.

I choose not to design and build radio equipment.

I quit building Heath Kits more than 30 years ago.

I think of HAM radio as nothing more than a utility, like electricity or
water or sewers.

If I have to stop and review operational procedures every time I turn it
on, it becomes a bigger PITA than it is worth.

Given all of the above, what are my best options?

Lew