Jere Lull

In article ,
Gogarty wrote:

JERE said:
If Bayliner made a sailboat, they might ;-)

Didn't Bayliner make a sailboat during a previous energy crisis? The
Buccaneer?

Oh, GOSH! Saw one of those last season.... Practical Sailor would have
been merciless if they'd been forced to review one. Personal opinion: a
Bayliner tag would have been a step up from what I saw. Didn't help that
the new owners didn't have enough of a clue to put an anchor out before
their powerless and sail-less boat drifted into shallow water. Our
friends, the towboat operators that pulled them in, were less charitable.

Looking at the boat, my opinion was that it was at best a motor sailor,
and the engine was so marginal that it wouldn't do that well.

Sorry if I offend any Buccaneer owners, but you'll understand if you
sail against us any afternoon. You don't want to compare yourself with
us under power, as we put many larger boats to shame.

--
Jere Lull