John H

Default Failure to winterize = dead engine? Restoration potential?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:31:41 GMT, "none" wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately, I (somehow) left it in the
angled position; engine raised and put on the stopper with the hydraulic
pistons completely retracted. I leave it that way instinctively when in the
water, so I just screwed up and left it that way on the trailer.

Can this engine be restored? Can someone just take it apart and replace the
cracked parts before we even try and start it, hurting it more? Is there a
way *I* can tell if it's cracked, to save myself the embarrassment of the
service guy telling me I'm a fool?

Thanks again.

Why do you think it's all cracked? Have you tried starting it yet.
Even in the trailering position, the water probably drained out just
fine. Have you looked at it?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!