John Proctor

On 2005-08-11 02:36:02 +1000, Lew Hodgett said:

John Proctor wrote:

Speak for yourself Lew!

I'm 59 and I still get a kick out of learning new stuff.

A mere youngster.

I have to preface this with the fact that I am an EE grad who worked in
the IT sector for 30+ years. But keeping up with new comms technology
keeps you young! Nothing like digital voice, OFDM modems et al. Hell in
a couple of years SSB could be going the way of Ancient Modulation even
on HF!

SFWIW, the State of Ohio gave me a PE license a long time ago and as
long as I send them some money every year, it remains in tact.

Never had to use it, but it looked good hanging on the wall of my office.

Doing techie things was a way to feed the bull dog all those early
years, but today my horizons have broadened.

Today I learn less and less about more and more until someday I will
know absolutely nothing about everything.

Perhaps that day is closer than I thinkG.

Lew

Lew,

The true search for knowledge begins by understanding what you don't
know. From this point the quest is a wonderful journey. I am flattered
that at 59 I am a mere youngster. I've been saying that for years ;-)

The rate of change in technology is marvelously stimulating and one of
the things that keeps me feeling young.

--
Regards,
John Proctor VK3JP, VKV6789