Short Wave Sportfishing

Default boat thieves back in busiess insurance results

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:07:24 GMT, "Capt Frank Hopkins"
wrote:

"Del Cecchi" wrote in message

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hi All,
[snip]

I did check with homeowner's policy. Because the boat is listed as a "second
home" on the taxes, the primary policy does not cover theft losses. A rather
sneaky catch 22. The chip is not covered because the adjuster chose not to
cover it. No amount of arguing could get her to change her mind. I was under
the impresssion that all the boat's equipment was 100% covered. It turns
out, only the actual boat and manufacturer installed equipment is 100%
covered. Owner installed "accessories" are covered at a pro-rata amount. The
insuranace company gets to determine the discount.

I did contact my attorney, who said that there is a claim there, but by the
time I pay his fees, court costs, and the 5 years it will take to chase the
claim through the courts, It will cost me more then the loss I could
recover.

I am looking for a new insurance company. The good hands developed stickey
fingers.

I had some GOOD NEIGHBORS until I had a claim over twenty years ago.

Of course, the STATEd amount on the FARM tractor I was restoring was
disputed in court, however I won the day. The bad news it actually
did take five years. The good news was that it cost my GOOD NEIGHBORS
four times what it would have if they had just paid up to begin with.

Not to mention the lucrative business they could have had insuring the
real estate and other stuff.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)