Larry

"Steve" wrote in
:

Sorry if I step on some toes. I would have gotten a Ham license back
in my teens if it weren't for the code and my inability to distinguish
tone differences and tone shifts. I could do 10 wpm on a key or on
paper, as long as I could send or visualize the dots and dashes. Boy
Scouts taught and tested me but the Hams wanted me to receive using
audio.

Steve

You played it wrong, Steve. When I was 10 I used to spend my nights at a
ham's radio shack behind his house. He figured the only way to get rid of
me and get to use his equipment again was to get my my own ham license,
loan me an old receiver and help me build a 5Y3/6V6 transmitter for my
Novice station.....(c;

I missed his big Hallicrafter's transmitter and National NC-303 receiver so
ended up getting General so I could use my license on his station...hee
hee.

We were still friends up til his death at 89 years old....

--
Larry