Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:34:51 GMT

Larry wrote:
I have friends whos wives have no idea how to put batteries in a
flashlight with Extra Class tickets. They just memorized the test
questions and got their Extras. How stupid. HAM RADIO WAS
DESIGNED TO INSURE ELECTRONIC TECHNICIANS AND OPERATORS IN TIME OF
NATIONAL EMERGENCY! It sure isn't going to help the military any
more like it did when they drafted them all in WW2. Let's dump the
whole, stupid giveaway test rote memorization program and make it
so only people interested enough to study electronics can get ham
licenses. Ham radio was never just a hobby! It's a national
resource for TECHNICIANS the government can grab in emergencies....
I'd like to see it returned to that mode. --

Ditto! My stepdaughter and her husband both got their tickets,
neither one actually learned anything in the process.
I'm with you, where's our extra room on 40 meters?

Richard Webb, amateur radio callsign nf5b
active on the Maritime Mobile service network, 14.300 mhz
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

agood captain is one who is hoisting his first drink in a
bar when the storm hits.