jeannette

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:37:43 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

I agree that the code is definitely no longer a reasonable requirement but
you are right that there needs to be some major changes to the exam process
and more serious enforcement of the rules by the FCC to prevent the "CB
syndrome". Out of curiosity I tried the Technician and General online
practice tests last night. I got my General in 1961 and have not even
thought about the technical side in 40 years but scored 97 on the Tech and
91 on the General. If I can do that without even thinking hard any dodo can
pass with a couple of hours of preparation.

The FCC doesn't even seem to be able to stop those self appointed SSB disk
jockeys now. I would hate to see the bedlam if CB became intercontinental.

Hey I passed the Extra by learning the answers in the book. I had to
take the test twice but I passed.

Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Carlos, Mexico