Kathy Mumma

Default Anyone familiar with maritime law?

I have been trying to watch a similar issue in PA. Apparently someone waded
downstream fishing and was chased off. Kayakers and canoe owners have been
trying to fight it.
Link at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Go...ccghissue.html
Apparently it is a state law issue.
I also recall Michael Moore and his group protesting this issue out in
Malibu or somewhere in CA where all beaches were represented as Private.
Kathy M
"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
In order to try to spoil boating around HHI, the entire area was
declaired a no-wake zone. No wake zones are being used to spoil
boating across the country in the same manner.

There is also a law against anchoring out off of the billionaires at
HHI and shrimp trawlers are forbidden from even being in the waterways
around it.

Money talks in Columbia. FBI proved you can buy a SC politician for
around $2200. Remember "Operation Lost Trust"?

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:14:20 -0500, "Leanne" wrote:

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
I just remembered what one lady down in Beaufort, SC, said to

the
newspaper when they were discussing a new marina going into a

creek
near her home. She was opposed to them installing "a floating

trailer
park" in the creek to spoil her view. That's what property

owners
think of your boats......"floating trailer parks".

There was also a case on Hilton Head where someone was fishing in
a creek off someone's land and the lady disliked them spoiling
the view that her state rep. daughter tried to get a law passed
about restricting the waters to a distance (I can't remember the
exact amount, something like 300 yards)of private property. Then
we have the problem that there are very few creeks that are wider
than that. It didn't pass because it ended up being a federal
jurisdiction. Btw, the daughter is no longer in public office.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....