OldNick

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:07:44 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

OldNick wrote:

Seni-serious question. I know a lot of guys who are still happy
building their boats 5 years on. But they often never get a boat.

I may never finish either, but I will have taken my shot.

Sat down at the table and played the hand, so to speak.

I also think that it's horses for courses.

You gotta be in OZ.

I take it you mean Australia, and not that _other_ land of idle
fantasyG

Not really, I just show up everyday. When I leave, something is done
that wasn't done when I got there.

I think that's fair enough. But I am trying to pout the idea of
starting out with a 55' boat into perpective.

Why not wood? At all? Strip composite?

Trying to maintain a totally wooden boat is like wearing a hair shirt IMHO.

Here in SoCal as well as many other parts of the USA marinas will not
allow wooden boats to stay at their marinas.

Strip composite is another animal.

Ah. OK. I agree if you are talking unshetahed ply or wood. G I sort
of assumed that just hardly happened these days!

The only answer I ever give is, "5 more years"G.

Mine was "Yes"