Don Dando

Hi,

In my opinion, I think you might want to build something simple and cheap to
see if you really enjoy it before you commit to a large and expensive
project. www.bateau.com used to have free plans for a pram they called a
D4, but I just looked at their site and no longer see it there. You might
contact them and see if you can get a copy of those plans. Using 1/4"
underlayment and 3/4 plywood you can build that boat for under $100. It is
fun and easy to build. Then if you enjoy that project there are lots of
sources for boat plans on the web such as Glenn-L and others.

Don Dando
"Jack" wrote in message news:awpJe.383$Yf7.364@trndny06...
I have posted before regarding building/restoring an antique boat. Just a
curious question to the experienced builders... How would you start your
hobby if you were really interested in learning how to build a nice boat?

have the $$, space, and woodworking skill. Just curious of your
recommendations. Would you start small, like a rowboat, or just bite the
bullet and build something cool like a runabout? BTW, I am doing this to
challenge my skills. Thanks again for your time.