Terry Spragg wrote:
Chris wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that during idling, my engine vibrates enough
to constantly hit the water pump on the fiberglass engine
foundation. The last two or three big jumps the diesel does
when stopped bang the water pump into the fiberglass really
hard.

So about about half an inch of the engine foundation has to go.
What is the best tool to cut really solid fiberglass, and how
do I do this? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Any abrasive tool, grinder, dremel, file or hacksaw. Wear a dust
mask. How to get at it sounds like a bigger concern.

Terry K

I assume you have checked the engine mounts and that there is not a
problem.

Any cutting tool will do fiberglass. Depending on access I would tend
to use a hacksaw. If using power tools try to run a shop vac near the
cut to remove as much dust as possible. Wear a mask and glasses.

After cutting out the chunk you will need to reglass the cutout since
you are probably exposing the ends of the glass fibers.