jps

Default Some grist...

In article c3dhc2g=.a7034376015feb0d106fb10a7f67bf05@
1076073659.nulluser.com, says...
jps wrote:

In article ,
says...
WHY are you posting this here?
Are there /not/ plenty of political newsgroups where people might give a
**** about this drivel??

Now there's a real concerned American for you. Shows a lot of
compassion for our fellow citizen military.

jps

Well, hell, the POTUS isn't concerned enough to attend funerals for the
soldiers he's sent off to die in his nasty little war.

As I have oft-stated, I have great respect for many of the individuals
who have served in the military, but very little for the military
establishment or the institution of the military. My opinion might
change if there were some sort of mandatory national service and the
military were one of the options. The very concept of a career military
gives me the willies...it is so damned teutonic.

Spend a little time in Seattle and you'll experience Teutonic. Most
folks think we're chiefly Scandinavian but there's a HUGE number of
Germans who came to Seattle.

I agree with the mandatory service idea for EVERYONE. I'll bet we'd
find creative alternatives to war if the rich folks' kids served with
everyone else.

Of course, knowing America, we'd still have champagne jobs for the
privileged class.

jps