Doug Kanter

Default Anyone familiar with maritime law?

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:13:18 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in

message
.. .

That's pretty much what happened to me with the caveat that the land
was to have "restricted access" - I asked what "restricted" meant and
it was pretty drastic even to the point of I couldn't hunt on my own
land or fish in my own pond.

Sorry - that dog won't howl.

Who would enforce that? :-) Do they send spies?

I live in a small rural town - that should give you an idea. :)

Great. Sounds like your neighbors would turn you in for ****ing on one of
your own trees. :-)

A friend of mine has 200 acres outside of Rochester. Sometimes we shoot guns
there. He's personally acquainted with two cops who sometimes pull over in
their patrol cars to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Because he and his
wife like to hike & XC-ski on the land, they don't want hunters using it.
When neighbors asked about the visits from the cops, he told them it had
something to do with him not being careful of the direction in which he was
shooting his guns. He asked the cops to back up the story in case anyone
asked. Word got around. No more hunters. What a coincidence. In fact, he's
obsessive about gun safety, but his neighbors don't know that. :-)