Marc

Default Anyone familiar with maritime law?

Grew up in that town. Manor Park is probably one of the most quietly
scenic and thoroughly enjoyable places I have ever experienced.

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:59:06 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:13:31 GMT, Larry Weiss
wrote:
Since it is a local park maintained by local
taxes, and since the covenant specifically states it is to be used by locals,
and since the out-of-towners (a.k.a. "the other infidels") are not treating
the park or the park rules with any respect, the locals are getting upset.

I think the answer is strong enforcement of the existing laws or maybe
a few new ones if needed. If necessary, form a community association
and hire a private guard to remind people of the rules and call the
village constable if the hint is not taken. The real problem is
offensive behavior, not people from NYC. Larchmont Manor Park had a
similar issue years ago in Westchester and solved it. The guard is
always there during daylight hours. He's about 80 years old but has
good eyes and keeps a firm grip on things without being offensive
about it. It is probably one of the most pristine and enjoyable parks
on Long Island Sound, and has been for a long time. If anyone fired
up a boom box or dropped a candy wrapper, the guard would be on the
radio to the village police in about a microsecond.