Rosalie B.

"Denis Marier" wrote:

The no-see-um netting is what I used for years.
I have learned that if I leave the lights on inside or outside the boat it
attracts insects.
Even when the anchor light is on I can see all these insects around it.
When anchored in a secured area I do not leave any lights on. I used a

Do you mean a designated anchorage? There are not very many of those
and I would caution against anchoring without displaying the
appropriate anchor light. Also I do not think that an anchor light
would attract mosquitoes or no-see-ums, because they are not that type
of insects, plus if the insects are at the anchor light, they are not
in the cabin. Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide.

citronella lamp in the middle of the cabin. It does provide enough light for
our need without having the no-see-um netting frames in place. When I turn

We use tap-it battery operated lights for visiting the head etc. But
there's usually enough light from the stars or moon (once you get
night adapted) to get around, and we have a carbon monoxide detector
(with a small light) in the aft cabin so that helps.

the incandescent or fluorescent light on all these insects come right in.
During the night I do not leave the netting on and no insects bothered us.
As a safety precaution we always carry rubbing alcohol for cleaning the
affected area and use calamine lotion to relieve the insect bites. So far we
have not use any for years. FWIW

We have screens on the ports, but they are not no-see-um screens. We
also have a hatch screen, but it doesn't fit very well.

"Keith" wrote in message
roups.com...
Defender has good no-see-um netting at a good price.

grandma Rosalie