Denis Marier

The no-see-um netting is what I used for years.
I have learned that if I leave the lights on inside or outside the boat it
attracts insects.
Even when the anchor light is on I can see all these insects around it.
When anchored in a secured area I do not leave any lights on. I used a
citronella lamp in the middle of the cabin. It does provide enough light for
our need without having the no-see-um netting frames in place. When I turn
the incandescent or fluorescent light on all these insects come right in.
During the night I do not leave the netting on and no insects bothered us.
As a safety precaution we always carry rubbing alcohol for cleaning the
affected area and use calamine lotion to relieve the insect bites. So far we
have not use any for years. FWIW

"Keith" wrote in message
oups.com...
Defender has good no-see-um netting at a good price.