trainfan1

I have a 1:1 Velvet Drive Transmission. What are the little holes with
plugs on the casing with a little arrow pointing to them? Are these spots
for lubrication beyond the transmission oil?

Are there any external adjustments that can be made to these transmissions?
Last year I was experiencing some minor prop spins when it was in neutral.
Yesterday, with a fresh rebuilt engine, the thing was spinning like mad in
neutral. Realize, this was on land with no load (prop shaft not even
connected). I'm not sure if I simply needed to knock it into forward and
reverse a few times. It's possible the clutch was maybe a little sticky
from no use for 12+ months?

Thanks -
Doug

Doug, those are alternate line connections, usually.

The output shaft will spin in neutral due to windage until the fluid
heats up, this is normal, and it will often "creep" around even at
operating temp. With the propshaft in, it will be less, and then even
more less in the water. DON'T put it into reverse - that's asking for
trouble. Always allow the shaft to come as close to stopping as
possible before shifting / changing directions.

Rob