*JimH*

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:02:34 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

I will look to see if there is any deterioration of the keel from the
potential problem you noted. I did not see any when I looked at the boat
this afternoon. I would think that one of the owners would have noted it
over the past 16 years if it were a problem with a fairly simple solution.

We plan to dock the boat during the season and it will see the trailer
only
at the end of the season and through winter.

Ooops... didn't mean to imply structural problems... frankly, there
might not an deterioration... it is just a matter of making it an
easier matter of re-trailering...

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Thanks Gene. What sort of modifications to the trailer would you suggest
based on the picture?

We will be trailering this boat to Kelleys Island next week and dropping it
in the water on Sunday, retrieving it back onto the trailer after a full
week in the water the following Sunday. I can make note of any retrieval
problems then.

The lack of bottom paint and my ability to properly clean the hull after
sitting a full week in the water concerns me though.