*JimH*

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:50:55 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

"JamesgangNC" wrote in message
link.net...
Nothing personal but what do you consider a bargain? That boat looks
pretty old. What year is it? Have you checked the blue book? Off the
top of my head I'd bet something around 5 or 6 grand.

The boat looks old? May I suggest that you see your optometrist?

It is a 1989 with low hours.

1989! That is old as hell! Rocks don't get that old! Geeze, what an
idiot.... nobody would buy a boat that old......

PS.
Don't tell anybody, but mine is a 1987 model..... and I still get
compliments on the boat....

PPS
Damn nice boat. Go for it. Tell the bubble-boat aficionados to bit
you.... Hope you guys can make the deal and have a great time!

PPPS
Don't tell any body else our boats are OLD!

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Thanks Gene. I was even looking at a 1985 fixer upper that I could make
decent over the winter provided the hull and engine were in good shape. The
thing is that it is a foot smaller, had less horses and needed a replacement
of the entire interior and canvas.....all for an asking price of $4,900.
Who knows what a structural survey would have yielded.

At least with this one I get to test drive it for a full week and then go
through the structural survey and compression check I we decide we like it.
Our surveyor has already given us a thumbs up on the model.

How can you go wrong on a basic 21 footer in good shape and a hefty engine
for $5,000 with trailer?