Jim Newell

I am the wrong guy to answer this, because I am a newbie myself, but......

I have heard it said that the epoxy, and glass are clear in their natural
state. That is to say that when the glass gets embedded in the expoxy, it
is clear.

I would assume this depends on the epoxy and the glass, but I don't know.

"Jack" wrote in message news:miVHe.7163$W72.3090@trndny05...
I am going to build a kayak to begin to learn how to build boats.

Dumb newbie question for you. On a stitch and glue kit, when you
fiberglass it, how does the stained wood come through the fiberglass??
For the pictures I see on the pygmy and clc sites, it looks like the wood
is stained, but the instructions for the kit show the boat is completely
fiberglassed. How can the be?

Thank you for your time. BTW, thanks for the link to the glenl site.
Love the runabout kit. would love to build one of those someday.