Joe D.

"SamSez" wrote in message
news:jTJHe.27719$W%5.22391@trnddc05...

"Joe D." wrote in message

Another option might be the new Quest 2. It has the 10,000 point
user configurable track log, plus the entire US is preloaded -- no need
to download detailed maps from a CD as they're built in.

The Quest 2 is also physically smaller than the 2610, plus
battery powered, so it's easy to carry and use in a rental car.

As I understand, other than form-factor and self-contained power, I don't
think
the quest would give me the other features/customizations that I find
lacking in
the 2610 -- screen preferences, track-back, track memory control, etc.

No, the Quest and new Quest 2 have all those features:

- user-customizable data fields
- 10,000 point configurable track log memory
- TracBack

And the Quest 2 comes with the entire US AND Canada preloaded in its 1.8GB
solid state internal memory, with about 140MB left over for
user maps (topo, etc).

It seems the Quest 2 has everything you want, if you don't
mind the smaller screen, and don't mind buttons vs
a touch screen.

The user manual is available on Garmin's web page:

http://www.garmin.com/manuals/Quest_OwnersManual.pdf

http://www.garmin.com/products/quest2/